7th Grade Science Resources
Cri Du Chat
Edwards Syndrome (Trisomy 18)
Fragile X Syndrome
Patau Syndrome (Trisomy 13)
Other Health Sources
- on the Geneteics Home Reference web site maintained by the U.S. National Library of Medicine.
- Yahoo - Mental Health: Diseases and Conditions
- a listing of mental diseases and conditions - such as: Eating
Disorders (Bulimia, Anorexia Nervosa); Alzheimer's, Schizophrenia; Mood
Disorders (Bipolar Manic Depressive); and others - with links to helpful
information about each.
NASA: Manned Space Exploration
The Solar System
The Planets in Pictures
- NASA Planetary Photojournal - pictures of the planets from NASA and JPL archives.
- Solar System Simulator
- Select which planet or moon you would like to see from anywhere in
the solar system and have the simulator create a color image of that
planet or moon!
- Cassini-Huygens Mission to Saturn and Titan
- NASA mission to explore Saturn & Titan. Read about the
spacecraft, operation, latest picture and video images, position updates
and news updates.
- Eclipse Home Page
- has detailed information on forthcoming solar and lunar eclipses and
charts, maps, and other information about past eclipses.
- Galileo Project: Journey to Jupiter
- Learn about the journey and mission of the Galileo spacecraft and
probe. Also learn about the planet Jupiter, its moons and rings, see
current images, and review past exploration of the planet.
- Hubble Space Telescope Images
- Live from the Hubble Space Telescope
- part of NASA's K-12 Internet Live program. A previous program in
which three orbits of the best optical telescope available were
dedicated to student observations of Neptune (for two orbits) and Pluto
- Mars Missions - Official NASA web page of the Pathfinder and Global Surveyor Mars missions.
- Space Weather Today
- see the solar system's weather report, including the activity of the
sun's outer layers, sunspot activity, near earth asteroids, etc.
- Learn about the joint undertaking between the European Space Agency
(ESA) and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
mission to explore the sun's polar regions. Also learn about the
spacecraft and other information.
- Planet Quest
- site tracks the search for new planets. Visitors to the site learn
about the science of planetary discovery, possible habitable planets,
instruments, and missions.